• Nonprofits need to carefully consider their objectives and goals before selecting an LMS, as they may need to re-evaluate these down the line.
• The right LMS for nonprofits should have features that facilitate content creation and dispersion in order to maximize connection with potential donors.
• An LMS should be selected with future growth in mind, as a nonprofit’s needs are likely to change over time. It is important that the chosen LMS is versatile and able to accommodate these changes.
• Support services offered by the vendor can be helpful in getting the most out of an investment in an LMS, and should be considered when making a decision.
• Different licensing options for an LMS should also be taken into account, as free or open-source platforms may require more technical expertise than paid options.