• Immersive instructional design should take into account the technological needs and resources required to implement the training.
• It is important to prepare learners for the training by introducing them to both the content and unfamiliar interface technologies in a staged manner.
• The learning experience should be active, not passive, with plenty of opportunities for users to interact with the simulation or scenario.
• Designers should identify business objectives and map them to learning objectives in order to keep the focus on what is most important.
• Gamification elements can help increase learner engagement in an immersive environment.
• A curriculum, script, and production plan are necessary for developing an effective immersive experience.
Click here to view original web page at elearningindustry.com